The portfolios of the council of ministers in the second term of Modi government is out. Amit Shah, will be the Home Minister in the new government. Mr Shah succeeds Rajnath Singh, who has been given charge of Defence ministry.
Nirmala Sitharaman will succeed Arun Jaitley as the Finance Minister in the new government. Smriti Irani, who was hailed as the giant killer after she defeated Congress President Rahul Gandhi in his family bastion of Amethi, has been given charge of Women and Child Development ministry.
Career diplomat S Jaishankar, a surprise pick in Narendra Modi’s council of ministers, has been made the Foreign Minister.
- Cabinet Ministers:
- Shri Raj Nath Singh – Minister of Defence.
- Shri Amit Shah – Minister of Home Affairs.
- Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari – Minister of Road Transport and Highways; and Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Shri D.V. Sadananda Gowda – Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman – Minister of Finance; and Minister of Corporate Affairs.
- Shri Ramvilas Paswan – Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar – Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare; Minister of Rural Development; and Minister of Panchayati Raj.
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad – Minister of Law and Justice; Minister of Communications; and Minister of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal – Minister of Food Processing Industries.
- Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot – Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar – Minister of External Affairs
- Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ – Minister of Human Resource Development
- Shri Arjun Munda – Minister of Tribal Affairs
- Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani – Minister of Women and Child Development; and Minister of Textiles.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan – Minister of Health and Family Welfare; Minister of Science and Technology; and Minister of Earth Sciences.
- Shri Prakash Javadekar – Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change; and Minister of Information and Broadcasting.
- Shri Piyush Goyal – Minister of Railways; and Minister of Commerce and Industry.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan – Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas; and Minister of Steel.
- Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi – Minister of Minority Affairs
- Shri Pralhad Joshi – Minister of Parliamentary Affairs; Minister of Coal; and Minister of Mines.
- Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey – Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.