Lucknow’s Ekana International Cricket Stadium has been confirmed as the venue for the second T20 between India and West Indies on November 6, as BCCI released the complete itinerary for West Indies tour of India.
With this match, Lucknow will be hosting its first international cricket match. The confirmation comes six days after BCCI stated that the location would be either Kanpur or Lucknow both in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh when it announced the dates and figures for West Indies’ full tour.
The 50,000 seater Ekana Stadium has hosted five domestic cricket matches since it was inaugurated in 2016 three Ranji Trophy fixtures and two Duleep Trophy games, including the final of the 2017-18 season.
West Indies Tour of India 2018, Test Matches :
- First Test – October 4-8, Rajkot
- Second Test – October 12-16, Hyderabad
West Indies Tour of India 2018, ODI Matches :
- First ODI – October 21, Guwahati
- Second ODI – October 24, Indore
- Third ODI – October 27, Pune
- Fourth ODI – October 29, Mumbai
- Fifth ODI – November 1, Thiruvananthapuram
West Indies Tour of India 2018, T20 Matches :
- First T20 – November 4, Kolkata
- Second T20 – November 6, Lucknow
- Third T20 – November 11, Chennai.
The first Test between India and West Indies is from October 4 at Rajkot, followed by the second Test in Hyderabad from October 16.
The five ODIs will be played in Guwahati (October 21), Indore (October 24), Pune (October 27), Mumbai (October 29) and Thiruvananthapuram (November 1).
The T20Is will be held in Kolkata (November 4), Lucknow (November 6) and Chennai (November 11).
The West Indies cricket board has already announced the squad for the for the tour to India.